Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Way Back When-sday


The photo above is of Pops in his baby carriage in 1944 in Florida. This was when Papa was stationed there while he was in the Navy. Grandma wrote a note on the back of it as if it were Pops writing it. I don't have time right now to go through and type it in. If you click on the picture, it will be big enough you can attempt to read it. I'll post more about this after I get home from work.

UPDATE: I got an e-mail from Mama transcribing the words on the back of the picture. She fixed some of the spelling. Grandma did what a lot of people, especially women, did in those days and stopped going to school after the elementary grades. Still a very smart woman, though.
Here's the e-mail Mama sent me Wednesday night:

Hey Son, Just thought I would decipher what Mrs. Gentry wrote on the back of the picture for you. You probably could read it but I thought I would help you.

I'm some boy Grandma. You should see me in my get up, my long pants. I'm about 28 inches tall. Guess that's enough for now. I have pretty black eyes and long black eyelashes, just as pretty as Uncle Clayton's. The girls will like me just as much. Well that's enough for now. Wait to you see me. Love, Michael

He was a cutie back then. Wonder what happened? Ha. Just kidding.

I love you, Mama

No comments: