Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ants in my pants

Is anyone else infatuated with the world of ants?




I don't love them in a way that I want them crawling on me or in my house, but I sure like to watch how industrious they are. In the middle of the video, you even see one ant carry out another ant and move him way over to the side. I don't know if the other one was hurt or dying, but it must have been impeding progress on the hole in some way.

Do you remember the fable about the ant and the grasshopper?

If you want to see the long, normal speed version of the ants at work -- and get to hear Dire Straits' "Sultans of Swing" -- just click here.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Yuck! I hate ants! Especially since they started crawling/taking over my apartment! I had to buy traps and baits...

Jeffrey said...

Yeah... Ants inside your own living space are the worst ...

Victoria Williams said...

Yeah, ants are only good outside. Like spiders. Cool video though.