Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Has it been that long?















This is the cover and an advertisement from the inside back of the cover from an Eye magazine from April 1969. Click on the pictures to see them larger. The cover story is teased as:
BOYS AND THE PILL: Do they want girls to take it?
Does it hurt male egos? Does it cause psychosis? Is it moral?

My mama gave me a stack of these old magazines and they have given me quite a perspective on the world as it was then. Included in the stack of magazines was an original program from Woodstock. I posted about that on a previous blog I had [BrothersGentry] but have re-posted a slideshow of photos of the pages from it.

I've also re-upped a video I made using the pages from the program and some music. That video is below.

3 comments:

Victoria Williams said...

Nice video. Brings back a lot of memories.

Brenda Starr said...

Sorry. You've been tagged! Sorry. Here are the rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Anonymous said...

Those ads are something else! It reminds me of this article that Brent's mom gave me from Good Housekeeping from decades and decades ago - about how to be a good wife. Cracks me up. I'll have to see if I can scan that one in. =)