Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Way Back When-sday


I post this picture not because my pops (center) and my mama (back right) are in it. No, they are but background noise in this picture -- the purple pants, pinkish socks and ankle boots that are so prominently featured in the foreground are the true stars of this photograph. It must be the '70s (January 1973 to be exact according to the back of the picture). This is a picture of my parents at Aunt Connie and Uncle Bill's house (he's the other guy you can see a face of). Now they weren't really our aunt and uncle, just close friends of our parents so we called them that. I'm not sure who is wearing the purple pants, but I bet he would love this store.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The purple pants man is Al Bremer, another one of closest friends. He really wore what he liked and he didn't care whether you liked them or not. I admire that in a person. ILY

Victoria Williams said...

Oh my. I graduated high school in '73 and NO ONE I knew would have been caught in this get up. It's great!

Anonymous said...

So wrong it's right.