Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Way Back When-sday .... 38 years later

The photo at top is from October 1970 and was taken near Cherokee, N.C., and Grandfather Mountain. I'm on the left, my brother Stephen is in the middle and our friend David is on the right. We are each holding toy tomahawks made for tourists. I used this photo on a previous blog I was doing, so some of you may remember it. What is different this time is that it's been updated. A co-worker of mine went on a trip to Cherokee and brought me back two toy tomahawks that were almost identical to the ones from 38 years ago.

-------- MOVING THROUGH TIME --------


At right is a picture of Stephen (right) and me with the new tomahawks and the old picture. It looks like I haven't changed clothes in 38 years (I did that on purpose. I really don't wear only striped shirts that make me look rounder than I am.)
At bottom right is the original photo cropped to just Stephen and I paired in one picture with a current photo. As always, you can click on them to see them bigger.

Thanks for the tomahawks Rick.

It's amazing how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha....38 yrs later and Jeffro still has the same taste in clothes....

Jay said...

Haha. I was going to mention it looks like he's wearing the same shirt.

Traci Lyn said...

Too cute!!!

Victoria Williams said...

Great before and after pics!