Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Way Back When-sday


This picture is of Pops in 1944 when he was a year old. It's sort of funny to see him with these dogs because I never thought of Pops as much of a dog person. It looks like he's about ready to grab the tail of the smaller dog and give it a good yank ... and from the look of the the bigger dog's eyes, he may have already done that to the bigger dog. That dog doesn't look happy.

I'm not sure where the photo was taken but based on the unpainted and aged wood, galvanized tubs and the sagging hinges of the screen door, I'd bet it was at one of the relatives homesteads in Virginia or North Carolina.

And of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't compliment Pops on his headwear. Cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've come a long way, Baby...

Victoria Williams said...

He is cute......very nice hat!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! That sad dog looks like my dog Jake's great(x20) grandpa!