Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Thing-along



He said I was in my early forties,
With a lot of life before me,
And a moment came that stopped me on a dime.
I spent most of the next days, lookin' at the x-rays,
Talkin' 'bout the options and talkin' 'bout sweet time.
Asked him when it sank in, and this might really be the real end.
How's it hit ya, when you get that kind of news.
Man what ya do.
And he says,

[Chorus]

I went sky divin',
I went rocky mountain climbin',
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull name Fu Manchu.
And I loved deeper,
And I spoke sweeter,
And I gave forgiveness I've been denying,
And he said someday I hope you get the chance,
To live like you were dyin'.


What would you do if you were in the same situation?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Song...

I think I would want to be with the kids as mich as possible...

but I would also like to do stuff I havent done yet at the time....

Anonymous said...

the most amazing song - i've had the chance...and now i make every day as amazing as I can.....no time for anger, no time for anything but "life" these days... to the fullest.