Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Way Back When-sday

This photo is of (from left) me, Stephen and Russell playing with some plastic cowboy figures on the floor of a motel room in Nags Head, N.C., in 1972. I was 6, Stephen had just turned 4 and Russell was 2. That may be the top of Brandon's head in the bed at right, but I'm not sure. He was just over 2-months-old at the time. We were on a vacation at the beach, This must have been taken shortly after bath time. The Cowboy figures often came with American Indian counterparts that were red. I'm not so certain pitching that idea to a toy company would go over today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor Jeffrey, you had a boo boo on your knee. Yes, that is Brandon asleep in the bed. All of you have the sweetest smiles, where have they gone? Just kidding, I told your Dad that each of your smiles are the same today as they were then. Thanks for another memory. ILY, Mama

Jay said...

Great picture. It was great of your parents to take so many pictures. About a year ago I got into photography, but unfortunately my kids are 14 and 12. I'm kicking myself for not getting into it earlier. Glad my wife took tons of pictures.

Maybe you could pitch a Marines and Al Qaeda play set? It could even come with George Bush in a flight suit and Dick Cheney with kung fu grip!

Jeffrey said...

I'm also glad they took these pictures. They always spark good memories.
My concern with pictures these days is that people shooting digital, like I now do, don't do prints as often. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of great family moments lost to delete buttons and the sort.