Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Way Back When-sday

This is a picture of Papa, my daddy's dad. Papa was the first of our grandparents to die and we were all pretty young when it happened. We didn't get to know him like we did our other grandparents. Papa had a vicious form of skin cancer on his scalp and the doctors were unable to control it. I'm not sure how much it had to do with it, but Papa played a lot of golf and rarely wore a hat.

I like this picture because Papa looks like a 1940s or 50s movie star with his open shirt, thin belt and cigarette. Even all the stuff in his shirt pocket makes him look kind of cool in a way.

1 comment:

Victoria Williams said...

This is a nice photo, I agree, he looks like a movie star.
One of my grandfathers died before I was born, the other when I was around 5 years old. I imagine it would have been nice to have known either one.