Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Structures can be repaired and rebuilt ...



A fire destroyed a detached garage at the house of one of my brothers' Monday night. It also damaged part of the house, a car and many other things. My brother, his wife, their two kids and two dogs all escaped unhurt -- and that's what matters. They were just sitting down for dinner when it happened. We rushed over so fast I forgot my camera. This is from my cellphone. At top is a short video of my brother walking through what was a garage. The photo at right is of Stephen with a flashlight and hose spraying a hot spot left by the firefighters as two of his neighbors watch. His neighbors were a big help, including getting plywood to board up some of the damaged areas. In the foreground is the burnt out back of their Suburban. The heat and flames torched it. But again, they all escaped unharmed.

3 comments:

Victoria Williams said...

Glad your brother and fam are OK. Fire, that's a scary thing.

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone is ok! Let me know if there's anything I can do! TLC

Jeffrey said...

I am so thankful. It was a scary phone call and the 30 minute drive to get to his house felt like two hours....