Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Surveying the damage



This video is long -- about 8 minutes -- but for friends and family who don't live in the area, it's an opportunity for them to see the damage done by the fire at the home of one of my brothers and his family. [Original post about the fire.] Stephen, Susan, the kids and dogs all escaped unharmed and for that I am thankful. I was standing with Stephen close to midnight after everyone left Monday night -- the night of the fire -- and he just looked at the debris and said, "Where do I even start? Where do I start." It must be such an overwhelming feeling. It's one of those things that you never think will happen to you or your family.

UPDATE: 04.06.07 I have added a slideshow of photos to go with the video.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be absolutely awful for them. I hope they can save as much as possible. They're fortunate to have family close by to help.

Victoria Williams said...

Doesn't look as if there's much to save. Wow. Hope insurance will cover a good portion of the loss.