Saturday, March 31, 2007

The purring of a pussycat



Listening to Parker purring and feeling the rumble it makes in her body as I scratch her head is a soothing experience for me.

" God made the cat in order that humankind might have the pleasure of caressing the tiger."
Fernand Mery
It doesn't solve my problems -- or anyone else's -- but it sure helps me keep some of life's stresses in check. If you don't have a cat but are feeling a bit stressed, I'm sharing some of Parker's purring with you. She usually finishes our time together by doing "happy feet." Happy feet is when she digs her claws on my chest and stomach like she's kneading dough. Painful at times but pleasant. Hmmmmm. I wonder if that says something about me?

5 comments:

Victoria Williams said...

Cooooooooooool.

Anonymous said...

Parker is so sweet. Cats are the best.

Anonymous said...

It's so true that cats are great stress-relievers. I don't know what I'd do without Priscilla and Diego. I call the kneading thing "the mushy-mush," because Diego likes to knead the mushiest parts of me, and lord knows I'm extra-mushy. Oh my God, I AM the crazy cat lady on the block!

Anonymous said...

TEAM TOBY

Anonymous said...

Poor Moby. The purring brought back a lot of memories.