Friday, February 2, 2007

Blinders were made for horses

Like a horse focused on the piece of track in front of it, sometimes we are so focused on our own paths we are blind to all the things happening around us. But unlike the horse, who has no choice in whether to wear blinders, any blinders we are wearing are of our own design and doing.



I've decided to make an effort to look around each day -- to try to see more of what is happening around me so I can see things starting to happen further out. I'm trying to think things through more. To consider more possible outcomes before I do anything. But in doing these things -- making this extra effort -- am I creating a new set of blinders for myself. Are blinders built of questions, worries and fears just as bad as blinders built of ignorance and bliss?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sustain a constant state of suspicious awareness. Nothing wrong with that. It's survival. And when someone takes a shot accross your bow, destroy them. Keep your chin up and your eyes on the prize J. It's all just a game. When you know how to play there's nothing to fear. And I know you know how to play.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of logical thinking....what took ya so long ? :)

Anonymous said...

MONKEY MONKEY MONKEY.

Jeffrey, say it 10 times fast and it's an instant pick-me-up.

And if you really want to go wild, throw in a few BA-NA-NAS! BA-NA-NAS!

And this is a little tricky, but if you can do that AND attempt a cartwheel ...