Monday, February 5, 2007

Meltdown Monday

I lost two more pounds this week, bringing the total since January 1 to 15 pounds. I wasn't much of stickler to my diet yesterday (Super Bowl Sunday) so that didn't help. But hey, if I can lose two pounds on a week that includes cheese dip, wings and beer I'm a happy man. The main problem was a lack of exercise. It really was too damn cold outside to do much of anything. You'll notice that even in today's picture of the scale I'm wearing Acorn Fleece Sox. Right now, it's 10 degrees and that's too cold to be trotting up and down the canal roads down by the water. I guess I can do something here in the house. I should ponder on that and get back to you.


Weight 01.01.07: 274 pounds
Weight 02.05.07: 259 pounds

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some unsolicited advice:

The dip and wings won't show up on the scale for another 5 days or so - to counteract that do more excercise this week (today) in the form of sit-ups, push-ups, running in place at home, bicep curls and tricept dips off the coffee table. Do SOMETHING for 20 or 30 min a day breaking a sweat. If you do all these excercises one after another without rest, 3 sets of 20 each, you will get good fat burning cardio on, as well as build muscle.

This will help show a loss next monday instead of a flat line.

Jeffrey said...

Thanks .... I'll work on it. I have a spare room. I should make a space in there for doing this routine you suggest when it's too cold outside. I need to go buy a new set of weights. I had to get rid of the big four station machine I had.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! And write it down too - make a chart and check it off as you go. Really helps get thru it without being side-tracked. It goes by fast and you will notice how much easier it becomes in very little time. By the time the weather warms up you'll be itching to run around outside.

Also, writing down what you eat is so helpful. For example, you'll notice that you gain or flat-line when you eat little bad things, like a few cookies or a mouthful of something out of the fridge - this is because it happens so fast you don't notice, and end up adding hundreds of calories a day without knowing it!

FreedomGirl said...

Thats awesome, Jeffrey!

Jeffrey said...

Thanks, FG .... I'm trying

Anonymous said...

You are doing great and I am soooo proud of you. I wish for you the very best but don't lose to much, I like to have something in my arms when I am hugging. ILY

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Another two pounds. You are doing awesome!

Anonymous said...

Good Job!

Screw the exercise routine! Just have a lot of sex...that counts as cardio! (But, you'll have to do it with your wife NOT at the hooker hotel!...And YOU can make Delores blush. Maybe she'll head for the hooker hotel!)

After sex...do a cartwheel. TLC

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I agree with your Mom.